Abuse can make you feel powerless. But with the guidance, resources, and support from trauma-informed professionals, you can get the help and tools necessary to overcome what has happened. You are not alone in this. We are here to help you, along with our national partners.
DOMESTIC VIOLENCE INFORMATION
Abuse is more than physical violence. Ending harm and the stigma of domestic violence requires understanding of the behaviors that define it. Below are some resources you can use to learn more about domestic violence.
• Texas Council on Family Violence: https://tcfv.org
• National Council Against Domestic Violence: https://ncadv.org
• The Domestic Violence Hotline: TheHotline: https://www.thehotline.org
SEXUAL ASSAULT INFORMATION
Whether you were sexually assaulted by a partner or a stranger, it is never your fault. Below is a great resource you can use to learn more about rape and sexual assault.
• Rape, Abuse & Incest National Network (RAINN): https://www.rainn.org
• Texas Association Against Sexual Assault: https://taasa.org
LEGAL ASSISTANCE INFORMATION
A Personal Protection and other legal matters involving an order from the Court to protect you from harassment, assault, beating, molesting, wounding or stalking by another person can be scaring and overwhelming. Below is a great resource you can use to learn more about your legal rights.
• Texas Rio Grand Legal Aid: https://www.trla.org